Companies are still under-prepared for the EU Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD), which will come into effect later this year.
For many companies, the first reports will not be due until 2025. However, businesses covered by the new requirements must get to grips with them as soon as possible to ensure they track the emissions data they need.
According to a survey conducted in December 2023, 88% of companies do not yet feel ready to meet the expectations of CSRD, and 57% feel they have little or no knowledge of the new reporting obligations that arise from the new regulations.
Easy-to-use emissions tracking and reporting
To help, nShift has recently launched the nShift Emissions Tracker. The tool helps ecommerce companies and warehouses calculate, record, and analyze greenhouse gas emissions for every shipment. It enables companies to comply with new incoming environmental reporting requirements and pinpoint opportunities for emissions reduction.
nShift Emissions Tracker collates all carrier data into one reporting tool with an easy-to-use template. Calculations are made at shipment level, allowing retailers to drill into shipping data, compile accurate reports, and identify quick wins for emissions reduction.
Business benefits of Emissions Tracker
- Efficiency - quickly and easily report on last-mile and transport emissions at the click of a button with no additional analysis needed
- Reliability - emissions data the business can depend on. All are collected in one place in a standardized format
- Credibility - peace of mind knowing the calculations are accurate and free from mistakes of manual error. The solution uses standard tariffs developed by the Network for Transport Measures (NTM)
- Accuracy - emissions data is calculated based on CO2e (carbon dioxide equivalent – a more accurate and comprehensive measure than CO2 alone)
- Transparency - increase customer loyalty and brand recognition by becoming trusted and transparent when it comes to emissions
Make sustainability reporting easy
nShift Emissions Tracker conforms to internationally recognized standards, including ISO 14083 and the Global Logistics Emissions Council (GLEC) Framework.
For more information on the nShift Emission Tracker, please visit our page below.